Michigan residents now buy their official Powerball tickets online
Why Play Online?
Get 50% of your first deposit back plus loads of promotions sent via email
Just How You Like It
The same great game at the same great price!
Never Miss a Draw or a Win
Play up to 30 draws in advance and get notified of wins automatically
How To Play
Create a Michigan Lottery Account
Select US Powerball
Choose 5 numbers from 1 - 69
Choose 1 Powerball number between 1 – 26
Choose the Power Play option if you want to increase how much you could win
The jackpot depends on ticket sales and interest rates.
|5 + Powerball||Jackpot|
|4 + Powerball||$50,000|
|3 + Powerball||$100|
|2 + Powerball||$7|
|1 + Powerball||$4|
- How does the bonus work?
- Deposit anything from $10 - $200 on your first deposit and get 50% back as a bonus. For example, deposit $20 and you’ll instantly get an extra $10 free giving you $30 to play with.
- Any other bonuses or offers?
- Yes, we’ve got some exclusive Promo Codes you can also use. To play 10 free games of Keno, use the Promo Code: KENO10ML or if you want to play 10 free instant win games, use the code GAME10ML. You do not have to make a deposit to claim this bonus.
- Is it more expensive to play Powerball online?
- No, it’s exactly the same as playing from any convenience store, $2 per line.
- Is it the same game and ticket as I buy from the store?
- Yes. Your online ticket is exactly the same ticket and for exactly the same draw as you would from any convenience store.
- Is it safe to play Powerball online?
- Yes, it is. You buy direct from Michigan Lottery which means all your details are kept safe and secure using the same encryption techniques as online banks.
- How late can I purchase tickets online?
- Sales cut-off times are between 1 and 2 hours before the Wednesday and Saturday draws.
- When does the 10X multiplier come into play?
- The 10X multiplier only kicks in when the jackpot annuity is advertised at $150 million or above.
- Do the numbers have to be matched in the exact order they’re drawn to win?
- No. You can match the main numbers in any order. There is only one red Powerball number so this must match. You can’t crisscross play lines though or combine numbers from any other Powerball tickets.
- How long do I get to claim my prize?
- You have up to 180 days to claim your Powerball prize.
- If I win, can I remain anonymous?
- No, Michigan winner’s names are part of the public record.
More About Powerball
The US Powerball is one of the most popular lotteries, not just in Michigan, but around the world, and rightfully so. As a rollover lottery, if nobody wins a jackpot, it simply rolls over to the next draw, taking with it the potential to change ticket holder’s lives. The longer no one scoops a jackpot, the higher it climbs, rendering Powerball one of the most lucrative games on our globe.
The US Powerball is a multi-state lottery, famous for massive jackpots. The Powerball kicked off in 1988 and was called Lotto America up until it was renamed Powerball in 1992. The biggest win to date was $1.6 billion which was split among 3 winners in January 2016.
US Powerball is owned and operated by the non-profit Multi-State Lottery Association. What this means is that more than 40 member states run the games, with each state keeping ticket profits bought in its state. This also means that taxes on Powerball wins differ from one state to another.
The popular lottery uses 2 machines, each with its own set of numbers. To play, you must select 5 numbers out of 69 and 1 number from a set of 26. Match all six of the drawn numbers, and the jackpot is yours! The Power Play option multiplies your winnings.
The Powerball is played by millions of players every week and boasts a minimum guaranteed jackpot of $40 million. Lucky winners, whether you scoop the big jackpot or another tier prize, have a year to claim their winnings. Unclaimed prizes are plowed into the National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund which then funnels funds out to various charities. Each state, however, has different rules for what happens to unclaimed prize money.
April 2020: Based on the recent changes, the guaranteed starting jackpot and minimum jackpot roll increase between draws have been removed. They now depend entirely on ticket sales and interest rates.